So I made a cushion, a HUGE cushion. I am horrible at visualising the size of projects. I certainly didn’t expect it to be this big! 58cm (23inches) to be exact!
It’s Sunday here and the rest of the family is watching the footy on the tv (the two local teams are playing against each other). I’m not really into sports so I decided what a better way to spend my afternoon then some sewing!
I’d like to apologise for not posting in a few months. Life has been hectic to say the least.
I had exams, completed my theatre placement (LOVED IT!), applied for graduate programs, had an interview, started my next placement, and now I’m eagerly awaiting to find out if I got the job!
Here’s a few snaps of whats been going on.
- Proudly showing off my scrubs on my theatre placement. I spent four weeks learning all about c-sections & gynaecology procedures. Even got to scrub in for a few!
- New Cath Kidston ric-rac skirt arrived.
- Getting ready for New York winter with my Uniqlo puffer jacket.
- Giant-ass spider decided to make a new home in my car. GROSS & FREAKY. #Australia
- I joined a new gym and am in love with RPM (spin class).
- Winter sunshine post bike ride around the local lake. Not actually as exhausted as I appear.
McCall’s patterns was having an online sale a while ago where all patterns were $3.99USD. I had been admiring their latest Spring 2015 collection. Oh how I wish it was spring here in the southern hemisphere. Anyhow, I decided to buy three patterns.
Lately I’ve had the urge to start sewing my own clothes. Maybe its because nothing I try on anymore looks ‘right’. I feel like a slob half the time. Its not that my body has changed or I’ve gained/lost weight. Everything in stores is made for people without boobs & hips. Continue reading
I have always dreamed of coming to New York and exploring the USA. It is finally coming true next January.